Whole Wheat Pasta with Chard and Pine Nuts
- 12 Ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 Bunches Swiss chard
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, plus more for serving
- 3 Anchovy fillets
- 3 Cloves garlic, sliced
- ¼ Teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for water
- ½ Cup toasted pine nuts or chopped toasted walnuts or almonds
- Crushed red pepper and flaky sea salt, for serving (optional)
- Whole-wheat spaghetti
- Swiss chard
- Anchovy fillets
- Toasted pine nuts
- Crushed red pepper
- Flaky sea salt
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Bring a large pot of generously-salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, 9 to 10 minutes. Do not drain.
- While water is coming to a boil, slice stems out of chard leaves and cut stems into 2-inch lengths. Chop leaves.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium. Add anchovies; break them up with a spoon until they dissolve in oil. Add garlic and chard stems; cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Add chard leaves and salt. Cook, stirring, until leaves start to wilt, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low until pasta is finished cooking.
- When pasta is ready, use tongs to transfer it to the pan with chard. With a measuring cup or ladle, add enough pasta water to coat pasta and fully wilt leaves. Toss pasta with leaves. Serve topped with pine nuts, a drizzle of oil, and, if desired, crushed red pepper and flaky sea salt.