Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Grapes and Feta
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 2½ lb.)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (about ⅓ cup)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided, plus more for water
- 1 (1-lb.) block feta cheese, drained and patted dry
- 1 pound seedless red or black grapes (3 cups)
- fresh oregano leaves, roughly chopped, for serving
- 1 Medium Head Cauliflower
- 1 Shallot
- Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Block Feta Cheese
- 1 Pound Seedless Red or Black Grapes
- Fresh Oregano Leaves
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Bring a large, tall pot of generously salted water to a boil over high. Trim cauliflower stem, so head can stand upright on its own. Gently lower cauliflower into pot, standing upright. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft when gently pierced with a fork, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 500°F with rack in upper third. Stir shallot and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Gently remove cauliflower from water with a large-handled strainer, a spider, or 2 slotted spoons; transfer to a plate. Pat with paper towels to absorb any excess water. Let cool for 10 minutes. Pat dry again, then transfer to a baking sheet.
- Brush cauliflower all over with 1 tablespoon oil and season with ½ teaspoon salt. Roast until browned in parts, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cut feta into 12 (½ inch thick) slices.
- Add grapes to baking sheet with cauliflower. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Return to oven and roast for 10 minutes. Brush feta on both sides with 1 tablespoon oil; add to baking sheet. Return to oven and roast until feta forms a golden crust, cauliflower is golden brown all over, and grapes have softened, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Brush cauliflower all over with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and season with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Transfer cauliflower, grapes, and feta to a platter. Drizzle with shallot mixture. Top with oregano.