Weeknight Salmon and Beans
Easy, healthy salmon recipe for two.
Recipe by Nancy Bearg.
- Fresh green beans
- 2 4-oz salmon fillets
- 1 lemon
- Basil Pesto
- Olive oil
- Sea Salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim beans. Parboil for 2-3 minutes. Halve the lemon.
- Take a yard of aluminum foil (you do need a yard) and fold it in half, bringing the narrow sides together to make 2 layers. (one layer works too) Put a handful of green beans in the middle of the folded aluminum foil. Lay the salmon fillet, skin side down, across the beans and spoon a heaping tablespoon of green pesto on top. Drizzle with olive oil, squeeze the juice from one of the lemon halves over all the salmon, and season with salt and pepper. Pull the aluminum-foil edges together and scrunch them up to seal the parcel. Repeat. Place both parcels on a baking sheet.
- Put the pan into 400 degree oven and cook for 20-25 minutes. Remove and let stand for one minute before carefully unwrapping and checking that the salmon is cooked through.
- Either serve the parcels on plates or unwrap carefully and serve. I serve in parcel. So moist and delicious. The best part of this dish is the easy clean-up! No pans, no fishy cooking smells.