The Ultimate Veggie Burger with Sweet Potato Fries
Not just for Vegetarians - even meat-eaters will be blown away by the Ultimate Veggie Burger! Sweet Potato Fries accompany this "meaty" burger that has all of the flavor of a great burger, but none of the meat!
- 1 cup beet roots, peeled, cut in cubes
- ½ cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled, cut in ¼ inch long slices, then ¼ wide inch strips
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven 360 degrees.
- Place the beet root cubes on a lined baking tin, rub with olive oil and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Place the roasted beets in a good processor and pull two or three times. Be sure you don’t mash them completely, as you need some texture for the burgers.
- Transfer the beets into a large bowl, add all the other ingredients and stir to combine. If the texture is too mushy add more bread crumbs until you obtain the desired consistency.
- With slightly wet hands, shape the burgers and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake (15 minutes), then flip over and return to oven (15 minutes).
- Place the sweet potato strips on a lined baking sheet, rub with olive oil, then sprinkle with cornmeal and toss to combine.
- Bake (25 to 30 minutes), or until golden brown.
- Place the avocado, tahini, lime juice, garlic, and salt in the food processor and blend to obtain a creamy sauce.
- Assemble the burgers immediately after removing from the oven.
- Cut the buns in halves, spread bases with dressing, add the beet burger and sweet potato fries, top generously with avocado dressing, parsley and put on the top.
- Serve immediately.