One-Pot Tomato Basil Pasta
Thank you to Sara Lynn Cauchon from The Domestic Geek for making dinner so simple and delicious with this one-pot vegan pasta!
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vegetable broth, spaghetti, tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil and crushed red-pepper flakes. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then cover and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until all the liquid has been absorbed and the pasta is fully cooked, 13 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.