Sweet, Spicy and Salty Nuts
A little bit sweet, spicy, and salty - a smorgasbord of flavors!
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup untoasted walnut halves
- 1 cup untoasted pecan halves
- 1 cup unsalted, dry roasted almonds
- 1 cup unsalted, dry roasted cashews
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Combine walnut halves, pecan halves, almonds, and cashews in a large bowl. Add salt, black pepper, cumin, and cayenne pepper; toss to coat.
- Heat sugar, water, and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until the butter is melted. Cook for 1 minute and remove from heat. Slowly pour butter mixture over the bowl of nuts and stir to coat.
- Transfer nuts to the prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer.
- Bake nuts in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Stir nuts until the warm syrup coats every nut. Spread into a single layer, return to the oven, and bake until nuts are sticky and roasted, about 6 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.