Sweet Corn Chowder Topped with Cheddar Cheese Tortillas
- Frozen sweetcorn kernels
- Vegetable broth
- Lightly salted tortilla chips
- Cheddar cheese
- Cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Drain the sweetcorn and put into a food processor with the scallions, garlic, and cornmeal. Pulse to a coarse-mush.
- Tip this mixture into a large saucepan. Add the hot vegetable broth, and bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and let the chowder simmer, partially covered for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread the tortilla chips out on a foil-lined baking sheet and sprinkle the cheese over. Warm in the hot oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese melts over the chips.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and put a small mound of cheese-molten chips into the middle of each bowl. Sprinkle some of the cayenne on top, if you feel like it, and serve immediately to hungry people.