Supper Club No. 7 - Cherry Lemon Panna Cotta
Panna Cotta is always a treat, but it's extra special when you add some cherry and lemon flavors!
- 1 Tbsp. unflavored powdered gelatin
- 4¼ cups heavy cream
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- ½ vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 cup maraschino cherries in syrup
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Flaky sea salt
- Place 3 Tbsp. cold water in a large bowl and sprinkle gelatin over; let stand until gelatin is softened, 5–10 minutes.
- Bring cream, sugar, and salt to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Scrape in vanilla seeds; add pod. Remove from heat and let sit to infuse cream with vanilla, 15–20 minutes; discard pod.
- Pour cream mixture over gelatin and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Pour evenly among glasses, then chill panna cotta until set, at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving, mix cherries and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Spoon a bit of cherry mixture over each panna cotta and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Do Ahead: Panna cotta (without cherry topping) can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and keep chilled.