Supper Club No. 6 - Hard Watermelon Lemonade
This yummy tequila-based drink from Tom’s Big Dinners by Tom Douglas is perfect for a warm summer night!
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 (3 lbs) Watermelon
- 1 ½ cup freshly squeeze lemon juice
- 6 shots (about 7 ½ oz) tequila; preferably Blanco
- 6 lemon or lime wedges
- To make simple syrup, combine 2/3 cup sugar with 2/3 cup water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat and allow to cool before using.
- Slice off and discard the rind from the watermelon. Cut into chunks, remove any seeds if you see any. Juice watermelon in a blender or food processor. Pour the juice through a strainer set over a bowl. You should have about 3 cups of watermelon juice.
- Combine in a pitcher watermelon juice, lemon juice, and simple syrup stir. Chill until ready to serve. Remember to stir before serving.
- For each serving, fill a tall ice-filled glass with lemonade. Add a shot of tequila and stir with a long spoon. Garnish each glass with a lemon or lime wedge.