Supper Club No. 14 - No Churn Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Ice cream at home doesn't have to a chore! Try this easy, creamy treat for yourself - yum!
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Ice Cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature 1 block
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream whipped to stiff peaks
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- Blueberries -
- Add blueberries, sugar and lime juice to a medium sized pot and bring to boil over medium high heat.
- Continue to boil for additional 5-7 minutes until juices have released, berries have softened and sauce has thickened a little.
- Remove berries from heat and allow them to cool then place in refrigerator for 1 hour to completely cool them down.
- Ice Cream -
- Add cream cheese to bowl of stand mixer or medium sized bowl if using hand mixer.
- Beat on medium high speed then slowly add in condensed milk and vanilla extract and mix until completely smooth.
- Turn off mixer and fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture using a spatula.
- Once whipped cream is folded in, carefully fold blueberries into batter only folding 3-4 times just until the blueberries have distinctly swirled through batter (don’t over fold the blueberries because you will turn the entire ice cream mixture blue).
- To freeze, alternate adding ice cream mixture and graham cracker crumbs to freezer safe containers. Freeze for at least 5-7 hours then serve.