25-min Spaghetti Bolognese
This pasta is so quick and easy to make, perfect for a weekend meal where you want to focus on fun, not cooking!
Photo Credit: Erren's Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage, ground
- 1 pound ground beef, 80/20
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 box spaghetti; Gluten-free option available
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup minced parsley, with some reserved for garnish
- Pecorino Romano cheese, grated, for garnish
- Bring 4 quarts salted water to a boil in large pot.
- In a large pot on high heat, add extra-virgin olive oil. Add carrot and onion and cook for 1 minute. Add both sausage and ground beef and cook until 3/4 done, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Deglaze with wine and reduce for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in crushed tomatoes and reduce for 10 minutes on medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Add pasta to water and cook to manufacturer’s instructions, stirring to prevent sticking. Stir in basil, parsley, and pasta and season with salt and pepper. Add pasta cooking water, if needed, to loosen sauce to liking. Garnish with grated cheese and parsley.