Super-food Egg Sandwich
Photo Credit: Give Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 Tablespoons Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 slices grain bread (we used a wheat, spelt and rye bread)
- 1 packed cup raw baby spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons mixed seeds (we used a mixture of chia, pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds)
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 1/2 packed cup baby shoots (we used watercress shoots)
- Place the eggs in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain and cool the eggs (you can place in cold water to speed up this process). Peel the eggs and chop into small pieces. Place in a bowl with the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Mix together until combined.
- Place a slice of bread on a plate. Add half the spinach, then top with half of the egg mixture and a teaspoon of the seeds. Place half the avocado slices on top, then sprinkle on half of the baby shoots. Place a piece of bread on top. Repeat with the other sandwich.