Sriracha Honey Brussels Sprouts
With this spicy-sweet combo, you'll never have trouble getting your guests to eat Brussels Sprouts again! This recipe serves 2.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoon honey
- juice of 1 large lime
- vegetable oil for frying
- Trim the stem end of the sprouts and gently separate the leaves with your fingers, collecting them in a large bowl.
- When you reach the heat of the sprout (where it’s tough to pry off the remaining leaves), add the heart to the bowl with the leaves.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Sriracha, honey and lime juice. Taste and add more Sriracha or honey if you like. Set aside.
- Set about 2 inches of oil in a large, heavy pot over medium heat. Heat until a Brussels sprout leaf begins to sizzle when added to the oil. Fry the sprouts in batches. Remove them with a slotted spoon after 30 seconds to a minute, when crisp and brown.
- Drain them on a double layer of paper towels while you fry the rest of the sprouts.
- Once all the sprouts are fried, transfer to a large bowl and sprinkle them generously with salt. Toss gently to combine.
- Working quickly, drizzle some of the sauce over the sprouts and toss again to coat lightly.
- Taste, add more sauce if necessary, and serve immediately, before they wilt!