Spicy Maple Bacon and Scrambled Eggs Avocado Toast
Photo Credit: Tasty Kitchen
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ avocado
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon half and half
- 3-4 slices whole wheat sourdough bread or favorite Gluten-free bread
- Flaky Seasalt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire baking rack on top. Line up the pieces of bacon on the baking rack without touching. Place bacon in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup and pinch of cayenne pepper. After 25 minutes, carefully brush the bacon with the spicy maple syrup. (Be careful of the hot bacon grease, people. Seriously.) Return bacon to the oven and bake for 5 more minutes. While it’s hot, transfer the spicy maple bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside to cool.
- Next, whisk the eggs, 2 tablespoons of half and half, and a pinch of salt until pale yellow and foamy. Briefly set aside.
- Slice your avocado in half and score it with a knife. Use a spoon to scoop the scored avocado into a bowl. Add 2 tablespoon of olive oil and smash the avocado with a fork. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Toast your bread in a toaster or on a grill/grill pan. Spread each slice of toast with half of the smashed avocado and top with two slices of spicy maple bacon.
- Now it’s time to scramble your eggs. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-low heat. When hot, add the beaten eggs. Cook, stirring slowly with a heat-proof rubber spatula, until eggs are just set.
- Top each toast with eggs. Add a few cranks of black pepper and serve immediately.