Soft-Scrambled Eggs, Long-Cooked Broccoli and Feta Cheese
This breakfast recipe combines Long-Cooked Broccoli with Soft-Scrambled Eggs and Feta cheese for a healthy and delicious way to add more veggies to your morning! Search the Recipe section for instructions for the Long-Cooked Broccoli, then use this recipe to enhance it with the scrambled eggs and Feta!
- Spread a thin layer of softened butter on both sides of the bread.
- Transfer to a Panini press (if using a standard gill, be sure to apply pressure to both sides of the bread during cooking).
- Close the top grill and cook until bread is lightly browned.
- Rub one side of each slice of bread with the garlic clove and place slices on serving plates, garlic side up.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 4 of the eggs with half of the salt.
- Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- When the butter starts to bubble, pour the eggs into the pan.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides and bottom of the pan, letting the uncooked egg run underneath around the edges, folding the egg over itself, keeping it continuously moving.
- Cook (2-3 minutes) until egg is softly scrambled with large curds.
- Repeat with remaining eggs and salt.
- Arrange the broccoli unevenly over bread and squeeze a few drops of lemon juice over.
- Pile scrambled eggs on top, leaving a 1-inch border of broccoli around the edge.
- Sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper, to taste.
- Crumble 2 tablespoon feta on top of each.
- Sprinkle with chives.