Slow-Cooker Beef Cubano with Peppers
Makes great leftovers.
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 pounds flank steak, cut crosswise into thirds
- 1-1/2 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 container dried oregano
- 1 container ground cumin
- 1 box Kosher salt
- 1 container ground black pepper
- 1 bag long-grain white rice
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, oregano, cumin, 1½ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Nestle the steak among the vegetables. Cook, covered, until the meat is tender and pulls apart easily, on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Twenty-five minutes before serving, cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Using two forks, shred the beef and mix it into the cooking liquid. Serve with the rice and top with the avocado and cilantro.