Slow Cooker Apple and Sultana Steel Cut Oats
A great recipe to make overnight so you can wake up to the sweet aroma of apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg in the air!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cup milk (substitution: almond or coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ ground nutmeg
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup Granny Smith apples; peeled, cored and diced
- ¼ cup Sultanas or golden raisins
- 2 tablespoon raw brown sugar
- Grease bottom and sides of your slow cooker with butter.
- Add milk, honey, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, steel cut oats and diced apples.
- Cover, cook on low setting for 5-6 hours.
- When ready, stir in Sultanas and raw brown sugar and serve.