Skip to content
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 Lemon wedge
- 2 ounces cognac (or other brandy)
- 1 ounce orange liqueur (preferably Cointreau, but another like Triple Sec will do)
- ¾ ounce lemon juice
- Orange or lemon peel, for garnish
- If sugaring the rim of the glass: Pour white sugar onto a plate. Run a lemon wedge along the rim of your chilled cocktail glass (our coupe glass), and dip the rim into the plate of sugar. Set aside.
- Add cognac, orange liqueur, fresh lemon juice, and ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake until well-chilled.
- Strain the mixture into the chilled coupe glass. Garnish with a lemon twist or orange twist, if desired. Serve cold.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.