Sheet-pan Apple Crisps
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, divided, plus more for baking sheet
- 8 Apples (such as Gala), peeled, cored, and sliced (11 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 Cup packed light brown sugar, divided
- ¾ Teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 Cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Old-fashioned rolled oats
- Ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- Kosher salt
- All-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a large, rimmed baking sheet with butter. Microwave 4 tablespoons butter in a microwave-safe bowl on high until melted, 30 to 45 seconds. (Alternatively, melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.)
- Toss together apples and lemon juice on a prepared baking sheet; drizzle with melted butter. Sprinkle with ½ cup sugar and ¼ teaspoon salt and toss until well combined and thoroughly coated. Spread mixture in an even layer.
- Cut remaining 12 tablespoons butter into ½-inch pieces. Toss together oats, flour, cinnamon, and remaining ½ cup sugar and ½ teaspoon salt in a large bowl until well combined. Add butter pieces; using your fingertips, rub butter into oat mixture until moist clumps form and no dry bits of flour remain. Scatter evenly over apples on the baking sheet.
- Bake until topping is golden and crisp, 55 to 60 minutes. Let cool for at least 10 minutes. Scoop and serve with ice cream, if desired.