Sea Salt Pistachio Brittle
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- Light corn syrup
- Unsalted, shelled raw natural pistachios
- Unsalted butter
- Gray sea salt
- Kosher salt
- Baking soda
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; spray with nonstick spray and set aside. Whisk sugar, corn syrup, and 3 tablespoons of water in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Fit the saucepan with a candy thermometer, bring the mixture to a boil, and cook until thermometer registers 290°, 3-4 minutes.
- Using a heat proof spatula, stir in pistachios, butter, and kosher salt (syrup will seize initially, but will melt as it heats back up). Continue to cook syrup, stirring often, until thermometer registers 300° and pistachios are golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Caramel should be pale brown (it will darken slightly as it cools). Sprinkle baking soda over and stir quickly to blend caramel thoroughly (mixture will bubble vigorously).
- Immediately pour caramel into a pre-prepared baking sheet and, using a heat- proof spatula, quickly spread out as thin as possible. Sprinkle sea salt over and let caramel cool completely. Break brittle into pieces.