Roasted Pears with Goat Cheese Stuffing
- ½ Pound goat cheese
- ¼ Cup chopped mixed herbs such as parsley, thyme, and chives
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 Baby pears
- 12 Slices bacon, about ½ pound, cut in ½
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Arugula or dandelion greens, for garnish
- Goat cheese
- Baby pears
- Dandelion greens
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix the goat cheese, herbs, and 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Halve the pears and scoop out the seeds and cores. Stuff each pear half with about a tablespoon of the cheese. Wrap each stuffed pear with a slice of bacon and place it on a baking sheet. Drizzle some olive oil over the pears and season them with salt and pepper.
- Bake them until the pears are tender and the bacon is crisp, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place the pears onto a platter, drizzle with the honey, and garnish with the arugula or dandelion greens.