Quick Turkey Burgers
When dinner needs to be served in a hurry - cook up these quick Turkey Burgers for some dining delight! This recipe serves 4.
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 whole-grain hamburger buns
- 2 cup arugula leaves
- Combine the ground turkey, cheese, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard in a medium bowl until blended.
- Divide the meat into 4 portions.
- Lightly toss one portion from half to hand to form a ball, then lightly flatten the ball with your fingertips into a 1-inch thick patty. Repeat with remaining portions.
- Heat a large, heavy skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium heat until very hot.
- Swirl the oil in the pan to coat the bottom.
- Add the burgers and cook over medium heat without moving them until the bottom of each is dark brown and crusted (3-4 minutes).
- Turn over and continue to cook until the bottom is light brown but not yet crusted (3-4 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low, position the cover slightly ajar on the pan to allow steam to escape and continue to cook (8-10 minutes), flipping once if necessary to promote deep browning, or until the center in completely opaque yet juicy (or an instant read thermometer inserted from the side registers 160˚F).
- Serve on toasted buns with a handful of arugula.