Quick Spring Lamb and Vegetable Stew
A simple one-pot meal that will have you serving your family in the blink of an eye!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ pounds lamb steaks (top round or shoulder), bones removed and meat cut into 2-inch pieces
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 carrots, cut into 3-inch sticks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- (1) 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 ounces green beans, cut into small pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Season the lamb with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, turning occasionally, until medium-rare, 6 to 8 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Add the carrots, onion, and the remaining oil to the pot. Cook until beginning to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Add the wine and scrape up any brown bits.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, and beans. Simmer until the vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the lamb, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Serve immediately.