All the delicious things you love about breakfast, served in a compact quiche!
- Crust -
- 1 ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ c. (1 stick) cold butter, cubed
- 3 tbsp. ice water
- Quiche -
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 ½ c. shredded Gruyère, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ½ c. heavy cream
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Make the crust: In a large bowl whisk together flour and salt until combined. Using your hands, add butter, working it into the flour until the mixture resembles pea-size crumbs. Add ice water by the tablespoon until the mixture forms into a crust. Form into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out crust until ¼” thick. Loosely drape over a 9” pie plate and crimp edges. Refrigerate until ready to use. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Scatter cooked bacon on pie crust with 1 cup Gruyère and shallot. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, cayenne, and nutmeg and season with salt. Pour mixture over bacon and cheese. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake until crust is golden and eggs cooked through, 40 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before slicing and serving.