Spaghetti with Avocado Pasta Sauce
Thank you to Purewow for sharing this amazing, creamy avocado pasta sauce - perfect for Vegans, Vegetarians, and those looking to add more veggies to their day!
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 avocados--halved, pitted and peeled
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 bunch scallions, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup chopped parsley, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente, 6 to 8 minutes.
- While the pasta cooks, make the sauce: In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the avocados, garlic, scallions, lemon juice and olive oil until smooth.
- When the pasta is tender, reserve ½ cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta. Add the reserved water to the avocado mixture and process until smooth.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, portion the pasta onto plates and garnish with parsley.