Pumpkin Gorgonzola Flan
- 1 block unsalted butter
- 1 15-oz can pumpkin
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 tub crumbled Gorgonzola
- 1 bag walnuts
- 1 tub sour cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Butter 6 ramakins or custard cups. Set aside. Line the bottom of a baking dish or casserole dish with kitchen towel. Place the buttered cups inside the baking dish, set aside. In a kettle, bring 8 cups of water to a boil.
- Place pumpkin puree, eggs, egg yolks and heavy cream in a food processor or blender. Blend in medium speed for 30 seconds. Season with 1 tsp flaky salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Blend for another 30 seconds on high.
- Pour pumpkin mixture evenly between 6 ramakins. Divide the gorgonzola evenly between each pumpkin mixture. Using a butter knife, stir the gorgonzola evenly into the custard. Top with walnuts
- Pour hot water on the side of the baking dish so ramakins are half-way immersed under water. Don’t skip this step. Baking the flan in water helps bake the flan evenly and quickly. Bake for 30-35 mins. You will know they are done if you gently giggle the ramekin and the center of the flan is firm. Remove flans from the water bath and set aside to cool for 10 mins.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.