Portabello Mushroom and Basil Burgers
When Portabello Mushrooms take center stage - you know this Vegetarian "Burger" is going to be GOOD!
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- (4) 3 ½ to 4-inch diameter-whole-grain hamburger buns
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 large tomato slices
- Mix first 4 ingredients (mayo, basil, Dijon, lemon juice) in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk olive oil and garlic in another small bowl.
- Prepare grill on medium-high heat.
- Brush mushroom caps on both sides with garlic oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill mushrooms until tender and golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to platter; cover with foil to keep warm.
- Grill cut side of hamburger buns until light golden, about 2 minutes. Place bottom half of hamburger bun on each plate.
- Top each with 1 mushroom, then 1 lettuce leaf and 1 tomato slice. Spoon some basil-mustard sauce over the tomato and top with the bun.