Penne alla Vodka
- Package of Penne or Pennette
- Can of Whole Tomatoes
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Cut the onion into large pieces that can be removed once sautéed. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion sauté until they are translucent. Place the food mill on top of the saucepan and pass the tomatoes and their sauce through it, producing a smooth tomato sauce.
- Add the vodka, crushed red pepper and salt. Allow to simmer for 45 minutes. Remove from heat and add the heavy cream and stir well.
- In the meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil. Add a handful of salt to the water and add the pasta. Cook to al dente according to the time on the package.
- Drain the pasta, return it to the pot, and pour the sauce over it. Serve immediately topped with grated Parmesan.