- 1½ Cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 Garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 2 Cups (about 7 ounces) mixed mushrooms
- 1 Cup polenta or corn grits
- 1½ Cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1½ Teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley
- Kosher salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, stir together ½ cup water + 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk, salt and garlic cloves. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook, undisturbed, until they start to brown on the first side, then flip and cook until gold and crisp on the edges, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the polenta to the boiling liquid and stir to combine, then lower the heat to medium and cook until the polenta is al dente, about 5 minutes. Remove the garlic cloves if desired. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 cup of the Parmesan and the black pepper. Top with the crispy mushrooms, a drizzle of olive oil, the remaining Parmesan and the parsley.