Parmesan Crusted Baked Fish
- ¾ Cup Japanese panko breadcrumbs
- ¾ Cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 Green onions, green tops only thinly sliced
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ Teaspoon Tabasco or other hot pepper sauce
- 1 ½ Tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed (approx. ½ lemon)
- 4 White fish fillets approx. 6 oz; ½ to ¾ inch thick
- 2 Tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- Japanese panko breadcrumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Unsalted butter
- Green onions
- Worcestershire sauce
- White fish fillets
- Flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Lightly butter a baking dish or individual grain dishes for the fillets.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, cheese, butter, mayonnaise, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, and lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside until needed.
- Pat the fish fillets completely dry with paper towels (removing the moisture ensures they won't get mushy while baking); season generously with salt and pepper. Arrange the fish in a lightly buttered baking dish or individual gratin dishes.
- Spread about 3 tablespoons of the cheese mixture over each fillet.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake until bubbly and almost cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Temperature should be approximately 125-130° when tested at the thickest part of the fillet with a meat thermometer.
- Move fillets to broiler for 2 to 3 minutes to brown and crisp the tops. When done, the fish should flake easily with a fork.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.