One Pot Broccoli and Lemon Penne Pasta
One-pot...noodles...zesty lemon flavor...getting your family to eat broccoli? Best dinner ever!
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound penne
- 1 pound broccoli, head cut into florets (3 1/2 cups), stems peeled and thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest, plus 3 tablespoons fresh juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan (1 ounce), plus more for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook 5 minutes. Add broccoli and cook until pasta is just under al dente and broccoli is crisp-tender and bright green, 3 to 4 minutes more. Drain, then add pasta and broccoli back to pot.
- Toss with garlic, oil, lemon zest and juice, and cheese. Serve, topped with more cheese.