No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
It's way too hot to turn your oven on - so don't! These delicious treats don't require any heat.
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup milk (any fat content works)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Mix together the peanut butter, oats, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Don’t worry about getting it evenly mixed—it will all come together in the pot soon enough.
- Heat the butter and milk in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, until the butter is melted. Whisk in the sugar, salt, and cocoa until smooth. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes, until you see large bubbles, stirring often to prevent scorching. With a silicone spatula or wooden spoon, stir in the peanut butter–oat mixture, and continue cooking for 1 minute longer, until the mixture is still fluid but starting to hold a shape, stirring constantly.
- Turn off the heat but leave the pot on or near the burner to keep the mixture warm as you scoop (it shouldn’t still be bubbling, just keeping warm). Drop the cooked mixture by tablespoonfuls onto wax paper, parchment paper, or aluminum foil. Allow to cool and become firm. Store in a tightly sealed container for up to 1 week.