Miso Glazed Salmon
This Miso Glazed Salmon pairs perfectly with a simple white rice that will really let the delicious fish entrée take center stage!
- 1 cup white miso
- ¼ cup sake
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 4 (8 ounce) salmon fillet pieces
- 3 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Whisk together the miso, sake, vinegar, and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Spread a thin layer on the bottom of a shallow dish and add the fish skin side down.
- Spread the remaining marinade evenly over the fish.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate (4 hours).
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir occasionally, until lightly brown and aromatic (5 minutes).
- Let cool.
- Scrape marinade from fish and coat the top and sides of the salmon with the sesame seeds.
- Heat 1 tablespoon each of the peanut and sesame oils in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the skillet is hot, add the salmon skin side up and cook until golden brown and lightly caramelized (4-5 minutes).
- Carefully turn and cook until the fish is barely translucent in the center (3-4 minutes).
- Add more oil if needed.
- Use tongs to hold the fish on its edges to lightly brown the sides (30 seconds – 1 minute).
- Serve immediately.