Mini Key Limes Pies
Makes about 16 mini pies
- 1½ sleeves (210g) graham crackers (about 10 crackers)
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ Teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ⅔ Cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from 4 to 8 limes)
- 3 Large egg yolks
- 1 Teaspoon lime zest, plus more for garnish
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Graham crackers
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Granulated sugar
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a standard muffin tin with muffin liners, and lightly spray each cup with nonstick spray.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the graham crackers until they form fine crumbs. Transfer the crumbs to a large bowl and add the sugar and salt; stir to combine. Add the melted butter, and using your clean hands or a silicone spatula, mix until the crumbs are moistened. (It should feel like wet sand.)
- Place 1 tablespoon of the crumb mixture into each cup of the prepared muffin tin. Use a small metal spoon to press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of each cup. Bake until the edges just begin to turn golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, egg yolks, lime zest and salt. Spoon 2 tablespoons of filling into each of the cooled crusts. Bake until the centers of the pies only slightly jiggle, 9 to 11 minutes. Cool at room temperature for 10 minutes before chilling in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the pies from the muffin tin and serve with sweetened whipped cream and more lime zest.