Mexican Style Avocado Toast
Can be made Gluten-free
- 3-4 slices whole wheat sourdough bread or favorite Gluten-free bread
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon half and half
- 1 ½ avocado
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup store bought chunky salsa
- ¼ cup shredded Mexican cheese mix
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced thin
- Flaky sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Garnish: 3-4 sprigs cilantro
- 1 bag whole wheat sourdough bread or favorite Gluten-free bread
- 1 pint half and half
- 2 avocados
- 1 tub chunky salsa
- 1 bag shredded Mexican cheese mix
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 bottle extra virgin olive oil
- 1 box flaky sea salt
- 1 container fresh ground pepper
- Toast your bread in a toaster or on a grill/grill pan.
- Whisk the eggs, 2 tablespoons of half and half, and a pinch of salt until pale yellow and foamy. Briefly set aside. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-low heat. When hot, add the beaten eggs. Cook, stirring slowly with a heat-proof rubber spatula, until eggs are just set. Keep warm and set-side.
- Slice your avocado in half and score it with a knife. Use a spoon to scoop the scored avocado into a bowl. Add 2 tablespoon of olive oil and smash the avocado with a fork. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- To assemble: add 3-4 heaping spoonful of mashed avocado on toast. Top this with warm scrambled eggs. Layer on chucky salsa, Mexican cheese, jalapeño pepper. Season with flaky sea salt and pepper. Garnish with Cilantro.