Lobster Pot Pie
Featured on Supper Club No. 14
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry crust, thawed but still cold, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup clam juice
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas (not "baby" peas)
- 1 cup corn
- 3/4 pound cooked fresh lobster meat
- ¼ cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 400°.
- In a parchment lined baking sheet, lay puff pastry pieces about an inch apart from each other. Chill cookie sheet for 30 mins to make sure the pastry is still cold. Once the baking sheet and puff pastry are cold, place in the oven for 30 mins. Turning every 15 mins to bake pastry evenly. After baking set aside puff pastry uncovered in a dry place.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and sauté until translucent. Then add heavy cream and clam juice. Season with salt and pepper. Add peas and corn, bring the cream up to a gentle boil, then lower the heat. Add cooked lobster meat and simmer for 5 mins. Add flat leaf parsley.
- . Ladle lobster mixture into individual oven proof bowls. Take the puff pastry and top each bowl with it. Warm up the lobster pot pie in the oven for 5 minutes before serving.