Kale Pesto on Whole Wheat Penne
Healthy whole wheat Penne gets an extra dose of green with a Kale Pesto sauce!
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups (2 ounces/60 grams) freshly grated parmesan cheese
- kosher salt
- 1 cup (8 fluid ounces/250 milliliters) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups cooked whole wheat penne
- In a food processor, combine the pine nuts, garlic, kale, parmesan, and 1 teaspoon salt. Pulse to blend.
- With the machine running, pour in the olive oil through the food tube in a slow, steady stream and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Toss ½ cup of kale pesto over whole-wheat penne & season to taste. Add Parmesan or goat cheese to finished pasta as desired.