Kale and Radicchio Caesar Salad
Kale and Radicchio elevate the traditional Caesar Salad with a delicious twist! This recipe serves 2 to 4.
- ½ head curly Italian kale, finely chopped
- ¼ head radicchio, thinly sliced
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, halved lengthwise
- 3 cups, French or Italian bread, cut into ¾ inch cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 egg, boiled for 30 seconds
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 scant teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Croutons: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Warm olive oil and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove from burner and let stand for 10 minutes. Discard the garlic.
- Toss bread cubes with the garlic-infused oil and spread them on a baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Dressing: Mince the garlic to form a fine paste.
- In a small bowl, whisk together paste, egg, lemon juice, and Worcestershire.
- While continuing to whisk, add olive oil in a stream and mix until the dressing is emulsified.
- Salad: Toss chopped kale and radicchio in a big bowl with ¼ cup of dressing and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Fold in croutons and top with freshly sliced Parmigiano-Reggiano.