Jalapeño Popper Bagels
A little crunchy, a little spicy - the perfect breakfast to kick your morning into high gear!
- 5 slices bacon
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. shredded white cheddar
- 1 c. shredded Monterey Jack, divided
- 2 jalapeños, minced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 bagels, halved
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, about 8 minutes. Drain on a paper towel–lined plate, then chop.
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, white cheddar, ½ cup Monterey Jack, jalapeños, and garlic powder. Fold in chopped bacon and season with salt and pepper.
- Place bagels cut side up on a baking sheet and spread with cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining Monterey Jack. Bake until bagels are warmed through and cheese is melty, 10 to 12 minutes. Garnish each bagel half with a slice of jalapeño and serve.