InstaPot Beef Hash
Serves 6. Cooks in InstaPot's pressure cooker for 45 minutes. After that what you have is tender bits of shredded beef perfect for buttery mashed potatoes, as a topping for steamed rice or in tacos.
- 1/2 pound brown mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 3 heads garlic
- 3 pound boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 beef bone broth
- Beef broth
- 1 Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- In a 6-qt. InstaPot / electric pressure cooker, place beef bone broth or regular beef broth, add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Season chuck roast with kosher salt and pepper then transfer to cooker. Drizzle with Worcestershire sauce. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 45 minutes.
- Once it’s done, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure. Remove roast; when cool enough to handle, shred meat with 2 forks.
- Serve with braised cabbage and apples or on butter mashed potatoes.