Hummingbird Cupcakes with Pineapple Wedges
Makes 24 cupcakes
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pans
- 2 Cups granulated sugar
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 Large eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ Cups vegetable oil
- 1 ½ Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 8-Ounce can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained (such as Publix Crushed Pineapple in Pineapple Juice)
- 2 Cups chopped ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 1 Cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 8-Ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 Cup salted butter or margarine, softened
- 2 16-Ounce packages powdered sugar
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pineapple Wedges
- 6 Candied dried pineapple rings
- Ground cinnamon
- Vanilla extract
- Publix Crushed Pineapple in Pineapple Juice
- Chopped pecans
- Cream cheese
- Salted butter
- Powdered sugar
- Candied dried pineapple rings
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking soda
- Vegetable oil
- Prepare the Cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl; add eggs and oil, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in vanilla, pineapple, bananas, and toasted pecans.
- Place 24 paper baking cups in 2 (12-cup) standard-size muffin pans. Spoon batter into prepared cups, filling about three-fourths full.
- Bake in a preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare the Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium-low speed until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Increase speed to medium-high, and beat until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pipe or spread Cream Cheese Frosting onto cupcakes. Garnish with Pineapple Wedges.