How to Make A Bacon Lobster Sandwich Platter
- 4 Steamed lobsters, each 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds, removed from shell and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 Pound bacon, cooked until crispy
- 1 Loaf white sandwich bread, sliced
- 2 ½ Pounds assorted tomatoes, such as beefsteak, heirloom, and vine (about 6), cut into 1/4-Inch slices
- 4 Hard-cooked eggs, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 2 Avocados, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- ½ Cup packed fresh basil leaves
- ⅔ Cup mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon, for serving
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- White sandwich bread
- Basil leaves
- Dijon mustard
- Flaky sea salt
- Red wine vinegar
- Unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Place bread on baking sheets and bake, flipping once, until lightly toasted, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Using a large serving platter, arrange lobster meat, crispy bacon slices, toast, tomatoes, eggs, avocados, basil, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and flaky Maldon salt together.
- Season tomatoes with kosher salt, pepper, and red wine vinegar.
- Stir together butter and lemon juice; season with kosher salt and pepper and drizzle over lobster.
- Set platter on the center of the table and invite guests to build their own Bacon, Lobster, and Tomato Sandwiches.