Homemade Sausage Egg McMuffin
- Ground pork
- Dried ground sage
- Dried thyme
- Onion powder
- English muffins
- Sliced cheese
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 130C/275F.
- Place muffins on a baking tray, cut side up, and top with cheese.
- Mix Sausage Patty ingredients in a bowl. Shape into 4 patties. Make them slightly larger than the muffins because they will shrink when cooking.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add patties, in batches. Cook the first side for 2 - 3 minutes or until browned. Flip, then cook the other side until browned.
- Meanwhile, heat another pan over medium high heat with 1 tablespoon oil. Spray 3” cookie cutters with oil and place in the skillet. Crack egg into the cookie cutters. Add around 2 tablespoons of water into the skillet then cover with a lid. Cook for 1 - 2 minutes or until the egg is cooked to your liking.
- Remove warm muffins from the oven. Top with sausage, then egg, the lid of muffin. Serve and enjoy!