Grilled Swordfish with Lemon Caper Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Large lemon, peeled, cut crosswise into 8 ¼" slices, seeded, with all the juice
- 2 Tablespoons drained nonpareil capers
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 3 Swordfish steaks cut 1 ¼ -inch thick (about 1 pound each)
- 3 Tablespoons (very green) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Teaspoons finely chopped parsley for garnish
- Unsalted butter
- Nonpareil capers
- Sea salt
- White pepper
- Swordfish steaks
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium low heat. Stir constantly until the butter is light brown, about 3 minutes.
- Cut the lemon slices into quarters. Add them (with their juice), and the capers, to the saucepan. Reduce the heat and cook, shaking the pan several times, until the lemon and capers are heated through, about 1 minute. Taste for and correct seasoning.
- Light a grill or preheat the broiler. Brush the swordfish with olive oil on both sides. Sprinkle it with salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste.
- Grill or broil the swordfish about 4 inches from the heat, turning once, until charred outside and still slightly pink in the center (3 to 4 minutes per side).
- Transfer the swordfish to a large platter and cut into thick strips. Pour the lemon and caper sauce over the fish and serve immediately, garnished with the chopped parsley.