Grilled Chicken Masala
Chicken Masala is perfect for the spicy-food lover! We high suggest pairing this grilled chicken with our Mango and Mint Chutney to balance out the spiciness and create a balance of heat & sweet!
- 1 (1-inch) cinnamon stick
- ¼ teaspoon green cardamom pods
- ¼ teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- ¼ teaspoon whole cloves
- Pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup Greek-style yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Vegetable or canola oil, for brushing grill pan or grates
- Mango-Mint chutney, for garnish (See Recipe)
- Soak 8 bamboo skewers in water at least 1 hour before grilling.
- Place dried spices in a spice grinder or clean coffee grinder.
- Process until finely ground then set aside.
- Place yogurt, lime juice, garlic, and ginger in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add ground spice mixture and stir to combine.
- Add chicken pieces and toss to coat.
- Cover and place chicken in refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill pan or a gas grill on medium-high for 10 minutes.
- Brush grill pan or grill grates with oil.
- Thread 4 to 5 chicken pieces on each skewer, leaving a 1/2 inch space between each piece.
- Place skewers on grill pan or grates, reduce heat to medium, and grill until chicken is browned and cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer skewers to a serving platter.
- Serve immediately with Mango-Mint Chutney on the side.