Grilled Cheese with Apple Panini
Crunchy apple slices and gooey sharp white cheddar cheese turn a simple Grilled Cheese into a gourmet experience!
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- 1 to 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 ounces white cheddar, sliced
- ¼ apple, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat.
- Spread both slices of bread with mustard and top one slice with white cheddar and apples.
- Top with remaining slice and press together gently.
- Generously brush both sides of sandwich with butter.
- Add prepared sandwich to the skillet, flip once golden-brown and continue on the other side (8-10 minutes total).