Green Tea Poached Salmon with Soba Noodles
- Soba noodles
- Low-sodium vegetable broth
- Green tea bags
- Salmon fillets
- Frozen shelled edamame
- Sesame oil
- Green onions
- Cook the soba according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the ginger and smash the garlic cloves. In a medium pot, combine the ginger, garlic, broth, and 3 cups of water. Cover and heat to a boil on high. Remove from heat and add the tea bags. Let stand for 3 min. Remove and discard tea bags.
- Remove and discard the skin from the salmon. Heat broth to a simmer on high. Add salmon and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 3 min.
- Remove and discard ginger and garlic. Add the edamame and sesame oil. Cook for 2-4 min., until edamame is hot and salmon is opaque. Season with salt. Divide salmon, broth, and noodles among 4 bowls. Thinly slice the green onions and sprinkle over the soup.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice and sriracha to brighten the flavor.