Greek Lentil Soup with Toasted Pita
Greek Lentil Soup is hearty, delicious, and so simple to make! With some toasted Pita served on the side, you've got the perfect meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups water
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 4 whole-grain pitas, cut into 4 triangles and toasted
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add celery, carrot, onion, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the water and lentils.
- Simmer, partially covered, 15 minutes.
- With a hand blender or potato masher, puree soup until semi-smooth and thick.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and serve with toasted pita triangles.