Gooey Citrus Pudding
- Half and half
- Icing sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a 9"X9" baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl (or bowl of electric mixer), using a hand mixer, beat butter, sugar, and lemon zest until pale and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks one at a time until incorporated.
- Add the flour and half and half alternatively until incorporated, then add the lemon juice until you have a smooth and silky batter.
- In a separate bowl, using a hand mixer or stand-up mixer, beat egg whites until fluffy and glossy white, stiff peaks.
- Fold the lemon batter and egg whites together until just combined and pour into a baking dish.
- Place your baking dish into a larger pan that is at least ½ the height of your dessert's dish and fill with hot water until it reaches ½ the way up your lemon dessert's dish.
- Baker’s Note: add the water once the dishes are already placed IN the oven, using a pitcher with a spout.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until the top of the dessert is golden brown and cracking. The dessert will still seem jiggly, but this is ok as there is a layer of curd at the bottom. The longer you cook it, the cakier it will become (watch your temperature).
- Dust with icing sugar and serve warm.