Goat Cheese and Leek Frittata
- Chevre goat cheese
- Unsalted butter
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Place the rack in the center of an oven and preheat the oven to 375°.
- Crack 6 eggs in a bowl and whisk vigorously until a light pale-yellow color develops. Add 1 TSP of salt and freshly cracked black pepper, set aside.
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add leeks and 2-3 dashes of salt to help soften and caramelize the leeks. Add thyme and sauté for 5-7 minutes until the leeks are soft and translucent.
- Pour eggs into the pan. Allow the egg mixture to form edges around the pan, about 1 minute. Using a spatula, gently pull the formed edges into the center of the pan, repeat this around the pan. Scatter goat cheese on top of the eggs. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Place frittata in the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes. Once the frittata is done, allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with butter and toast.